3 November 2023, TU/e Eindhoven
We are excited to announce our Annual Meeting for 2023. The annual meeting aims to bring together all members of EWM-NL and of the general mathematics community in the country. This year, the event celebrates 10 years of EWM-NL and focuses on topics that can be interesting for all mathematicians in the Netherlands: cv checks and mentoring, mental health in academia as well as getting female mathematicians more visible through Wikipedia. Register below for the program full of interesting work done by women mathematicians and with plenty of opportunity for face-to-face interactions. The program will also include an update on the EWM-NL board on activities in the past year and plans for the upcoming year.
When: November 3 2023, between 13:00 and 16:15, with drinks afterwards.
Where: Metaforum 11/12 (4th floor) TU/e Einhoven
Registration: please fill in this Google Form
- 12:30 – 13:00 Walk-in and coffee
- 13:00 – 13:10 Welcome
- 13:10 – 14:10 Anna Schueth (Maastricht University) Mental health in academia
- 14:10 – 14:40 Coffee break
- 14:40 – 15:40 Parallel workshops
- Wiki-Edit-a-thon: During the one-hour Wiki-Edit-a-thon, we will translate Wikipedia pages of female mathematicians to increase their visibility in society. No experience necessary; all welcome!
- CV Session: In the academic job market, a CV is a very important tool, as, after your cover letter, it is your first introduction to a search committee. The target audience for this session is early career mathematicians who are (about to be) on the job market or just want to learn about the best practices when composing their CV. By subscribing to this session, you will get an opportunity to receive (private) feedback on your current CV and, in a form of case study, discuss with your colleagues some ways of improving challenging points in a CV. As the outcome of this session, we will formulate a list of practical steps and recommendations on how to enhance one’s CV and make it appealing and memorable for a search committee.
- 15:40 – 16:15 Update from EWM-NL and open discussion
- 16:15 onwards drinks